Principal Mission Assurance Engineer Job
Robin P. “Rob” Williams
Home 703-897-1429 - Cell 703-346-8468 – email@example.com
8389 Mineral Springs Drive, Manassas, VA 20112
Supply Chain/Logistics Manager with 28 years managing diverse maintenance and logistics functions; 14 years project management experience; and 20 years of product sourcing; and contract development, award and management. Exceptionally skilled with computer system development and management including experience with PTC Integrity, EMPAC, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, wireless LAN, and mobile handheld tools where I led design, training, and system implementation.
RFP Development and Management
Wireless LAN (WiFi)
Bar Code and RFID
HARRIS CORPORATION (ITT, EXELIS), Herndon, VA, Jan 2010 - present.
Mission Assurance Manager. Led supply chain functions, radio cabinet manufacturing, and deployment support for nation-wide build out of 660+ radio station network for ADS-B system for FAA. Oversee quality assurance, configuration management, and other support activities including PTC Integrity integrated work order, asset management, and documentation database.
- Hired to get build program to meet aggressive schedule and track assets to establish a Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) repair program to keep this fixed price contract, contractor owned system operating smoothly at best cost.
- Transitioned cabinet manufacturing to single location and developed radio depot repair operation with lean 6 sigma training to develop efficient program that cut over $10 million in costs plus cut spares purchasing to less than 10% saving $1 million per year.
- Led effort to develop/deploy asset tracking and work order management with PTC Integrity to leverage data knowledge to keep program operating effectively and keeping radio stations operating while cutting repair costs at sites by 75%.
- Key part of technical teams on eLORAN, Multi-Lateration Program deployments, and technical studies of Selex and Thales radios to identify and correct design issues and then lead successful, nation-wide recovery programs.
- Partner of team that developed antenna analysis program that proactively identifies mis-pointed and degraded antennas to tune radio station performance and identify system issues before they become system impacting issues allowing full incentive fees.
- Recognized with Exelis Gold Ring of Quality and ITT Silver Ring of Quality for innovative program excellence.
SPRINT NEXTEL CORPORATION, Reston, VA, Nov 1999 – Jan 2010.
Supply Chain Manager, Reston, VA, Jun 2002 – Jan 2010. Led planning activities and software development of purchasing and asset tracking software, conducted specialized training, and internal consulting to streamline operations and ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance to support our acquisition activities for site development and field engineering.
- SCM project manager for 4th Generation WiMAX Microwave Backhaul deployment negotiating equipment purchases, system set-ups and equipment deployment for successful launch of microwave and fiber backbone with tight timelines.
- Helped merge Sprint and Nextel supply chains into one, and launched PeopleSoft integration project and asset tracking for legacy Sprint network assets to complete successful merger; completed within schedule and budget.
- Led Nextel PeopleSoft and EMPAC integration/testing for SCM Logistics resulting in this $78 M project being completed in record time earning a special bonus and award!
- SCM Asset Tracking Logistics and Status (ATLAS) II Project Manager to upgrade system software; revolutionized asset tracking to find over $350 M in underused assets and cost savings.
- Awarded 2004 and 2007 “Circle of Excellence” award as one of NEXTEL’s top performers!
- Technical expert on RFP development for national battery sourcing project, PeopleSoft, XOHM Microwave Backhaul procurement and distribution strategy, 3PL Outsourcing Initiative, and other sourcing projects allowing those programs to meet their tight timeliness at minimal cost. Purchasing costs are 25-50% lower on all commodities due to this program.
- Led on-site recovery team for Hurricane Katrina and on-the-ground support for Hurricane Rita to provide emergency materials and generator relocation; equipment to rebuild 10 cell sites totally destroyed; get 400 cell sites back on air; and establish fiber optic, microwave and T-1 connectivity to restore service in 30 days. Best performance of all telecommunications carriers!
NEXTEL Logistics Center (NLC) Manager, Columbus, OH and Bridgeport, NJ, Nov 1999 – May 2002. Responsible for all cell site material purchasing, repair RMA, and field support activities for Nextel’s North region covering 30% of US population with logistical support for NEXTEL’s largest cell site construction program.
- Managed NLC creation, developed operating procedures and JIT—purchased $245M in property in 2001 to help deploy 950 new sites while cutting inventory from <$24M to $9M with average 14.3 turns to free up $15 million in operating cash with best performance ever of all logistics functions in company.
- Created training programs for lean 13 person staff to ensure repair consistency, quality and cross-trained employees, including purchasing with competitive bidding, to create 10% purchasing savings.
- Re-located NLC from OH to NJ and then deployed integrated, national database at facility for improved tracking, visibility, and efficient support of national build and maintenance program cutting costs by 1/3.
- Negotiated with suppliers and developed procurement strategies to simplify and save time/money.
- Provided logistics support for World Trade Center and Pentagon during 9/11 emergency by shifting operations, acquiring specialized materials and microwave gear, and setting up specialized support that helped establish NEXTEL as the premier emergency response communications company in the US.
WAUKESHA BEARINGS CORPORATION (DOVER CORPORATION), HYDRATIGHT SWEENEY DIVISION, Antigo, WI, Dec 1998 – Oct 1999. Manufacturer of heavy industrial torque tools for power generation, oil exploration and aerospace industries.
Aerospace Focus Factory Manager. Led 10 employees manufacturing aerospace specialty tools that accounted for $3 million in annual sales, shipping and receiving, product repair, and factory maintenance.
- Contributed half of company profits despite only 17% of sales volume due to efficient operations.
- Instituted training programs to ensure repair consistency and quality, cross-trained employees allowing factory work shifts to manage business demand changes, and cut repair backlog from 8 weeks to 2.
- Conducted Kaizen, 5S and Visual System activities to cut repair times by 20% and improve quality. Other lean practices allowed company to cut machine set-up times by 40% allowing us to shift to frequent, small lots from long product runs. We cut inventory by 75% due to our pull, KANBAN system freeing up millions of dollars in cash from inventory.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, Jul 1975 – Dec 1998
Maintenance Supervisor, Space Launch Operations, Vandenberg AFB, CA, Jan 1996 – Dec 1998. Led 45 employee team maintaining launch facilities ($2 billion in launch sites) and space launch generation activities.
- Oversaw successful launch of 10 Delta II rockets with Iridium satellites, construction of launch complex 3E and generation of the ATLAS II rocket with the EOS satellite, Titan IV rocket with classified satellite, Titan II rocket with a weather satellite – no failures and minimal delays.
- Coordinated successful responses to several incidents and emergency responses to propellant leaks.
- Merged two units to improve efficiency and enable more staff flexibility and developed contract quality assurance program that identified quality trends and focused technicians to resolve those problems.
- Led effort and got comprehensive system and contract training developed and put into place for all technicians and built cooperative relationship with launch contractors that resulted in improved efficiency and working relationships.
- Led sourcing team developing RFP, conducted vendor evaluation and awarded $26M Launch Base Support Contract to ensure long-term sustainability of space operations at best cost to the government.
Project Manager, Defense Special Weapons Agency, Alexandria, VA, Oct 1993 – Dec 1996. Provided arms control treaty negotiation technical support, developed program plans and awarded/managed treaty support contracts.
- Ran contract/delivered $35M state-of-art aircraft mission planner on schedule, within budget, and high customer satisfaction.
- Wrote RFP, task orders, and managed contracts for multiple subcontractor teams to deliver $40 million database tracking and reporting system on time and within budget.
- USDA trained Contracting Officers Technical Representative who developed SCM strategies, wrote RFP and managed contracts from cradle to grave for delivery of advanced services and equipment to Former Soviet Union.
Missile Maintenance Logistics Manager, Whiteman AFB, MO, May 1988 – Sep 1993. Division Chief supporting all maintenance activities and managed budget, manpower, engineering and computer support leading 80 employees.
- Modernized computer systems and fielded LAN automating organization with minimal resources while this technology was still in its infancy and it radically changed operations and efficiencies speeding up change.
- Led manpower studies, determined needs and streamlined operations; reduced 20 positions due to better job alignment.
- Earned Resource Advisor of Year award for management of $2 million Operations & Maintenance and $2 million capital asset budgets to allow my unit to better meet the maintenance challenges of an aging weapon system while improving quality of life.
- Led project team for precision measurement electronics lab and computer facility that passed all certification the first time; part of $550 million infrastructure reconstruction for B-2 bomber.
- Led team that put in new digital communications system for all missile maintenance facilities; switch over took 12 hours instead of the expected two weeks due to my project planning and preparatory actions. Customers never knew it happened!
- Led team that developed next generation missile maintenance management software on HP-9000 platform with Informix database using new LAN as communications backbone to reduce costs on older system and reduce input time.
Missile Maintenance Manager, May 1986 – Apr 1988; ICBM War Planner, Missile Flight Commander, Protocol Officer and ICBM Crew, Jan 1981 – Apr 1986; Air Force Security Police Law Enforcement Investigator, Jul 1975 – Dec 1980
MA, Management and Supervision, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI
BS, Criminal Justice (with honors), Rollins College, Winter Park, FL
CSCMP Certified Supply Chain Professional – FCC Amateur Extra radio license